ASBESTOS, Sydney Normanhurst
Asbestos has been used frequently in Australia in a variety of building materials for insulation and as a fire retardant. Today, it
is found most commonly in older homes - in walls, ceilings, pipes, furnaces, shingles, millboard, textured paints, coating materials,
and floor tiles.
Asbestos is a family of naturally occurring silica compounds (similar to, but not the same as, the silica of window glass and computer chips). These substances form fibres with varying shapes and sizes and are found throughout the earth. There are three commonly available types of asbestos:
- Chrysotile (white asbestos),
- Amosite (brown asbestos), and
- Crocidolite (blue asbestos).
All three have been associated with cancerous and non-cancerous lung disease.
A.D. Envirotech Australia Pty Ltd is a recognised leader in Hazardous Materials Identification, Management and abatement and has its own NATA-accredited laboratory for:
- Membrane Filter Method for Estimating airborne Asbestos
- Qualitative Identification of Asbestos, SMF and Organic bulk samples
Air monitoring for asbestos is the mandatory procedure during asbestos removal operations. The monitoring conducted in accordance with the Worksafe Australia Guidance Note on Membrane Filter Method for Estimating Airborne Asbestos Fibres 2nd Edition [NOHSC:3003(2005)]
ADE provides impartial and rapid assessment of asbestos within a variety of environments whether it is a workplace or a place of residency. Our professionally qualified staff are supported by a NATA-accredited laboratory and extensive state-of-the-art field equipment.
Key services include:
- Detailed thorough inspections involving a risk assessment and sampling of suspect materials carried out by our highly qualified staff.
- All surveys are accompanied by a comprehensive report detailing the location, extent, type and condition of any asbestos found.
- Include a health risk assessment and expert advice regarding remediation.
- Our NATA-accredited laboratory offers 24 hour 7 days a week on site air monitoring for asbestos in accordance with the Membrane Filter Method for Estimating Airborne Asbestos which ensures rapid turnaround.
- Analysis of suspect materials to determine whether they contain asbestos fibres.
- Soil analysis to determine whether loose fibres are present (friable asbestos).
Removal Advice and Specification
- Included in every report.
Highest Level of Safety Employed
- All work carried out in accordance with all relevant Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and guidelines.
- Smoke testing is used prior to the removal of asbestos to establish air flow and determine air leaks.
- Supervision during the removal process to ensure that it is done safely and complies with all relevant legislation.
- In some cases removal supervision by ADE can significantly reduce costs.
- We remove the hassle associated with a contaminated site by providing the option of overseeing and managing everything from the initial survey to the remediation.
- Our specialist Project Mangers have managed diverse medium to large scale remediation projects.
- Conducted by a scientist trained in the environmental and medical fields.
ADE maintains the highest standards of security when conducting environmental assessments. All the details of the investigations are strictly confidential.