HAZARDOUS MATERIALS SURVEY, Sydney Alexandria
Australian Standard 2601 Demolition of Structures requires that the structures and all parts of the site should be examined
in order to determine the presence of hazardous materials before commencement of any renovation or demolition.
Qualified inspectors from A. D. Envirotech Australia Pty Ltd report on hazardous or potentially hazardous materials which may have adverse health or/and environmental consequences. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Building materials containing asbestos, such as corrugated roofing, wall cladding, ceiling panels, floor tiles, etc.
- Synthetic Mineral Fibre (SMF) insulation
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCB) used in electrical equipment
- Lead-based paints, lead in dust
- Above and/or belowground containers with hazardous chemicals or substances defined in the Dangerous Goods Act 1975 or the Environmentally Hazardous Chemicals Act 1985.
The Survey Reports prepared by A. D. Envirotech Australia Pty Ltd comply with the OH&S Acts and WorkCover Regulations and constitute the Asbestos Register under the National Occupational Health and Safety Commission’s Asbestos: Code of Practice and Guidance Notes.
The Report consists of a number of sections:
- Scope of Work – defines the scope of the inspection as per Australia Standard 2601.
- Inspection Details – contains the results of the inspection in an easy to read format, indicating the location, type, extent and conditions of any hazardous materials detected.
- Analysis Results – summarises the laboratory results of samples collected during the inspection.
- Management Plan / Work Plan – includes recommended type of action for hazardous materials identified.
ADE’s own in-house laboratory allows for rapid response and fast reporting turnaround time. In special cases ADE can provide the Survey Report the following working day if required.
ADE maintains the highest standards of security when conducting environmental assessments. All the details of the investigations are strictly confidential.